Bricklayer Job Description
We are looking for a skilled, detail-orientated Bricklayer to be responsible for constructing brickwork for a building while maintaining a high standard of workmanship with safety and precision.
- Measuring the brick layering area.
- Determining the alignment of the bricks.
- Distinguishing the thickness of the mortar.
- Spreading the mortar that serves as a base.
- Making use of the trowel as and when required.
- Positioning the bricks on the mortar bed.
- Removing excess mortar using a trowel.
- Filling the small spaces between the bricks.
- Using plumb bob and gauge line to determine the alignment.
- Welding the metal parts to the steel structural members.
- Plastering the walls and ceiling.
- Making use of different types of bricks.
- Providing spaces for different types of pipelines and chimneys.
- Working in collaboration with Welders, Construction Workers, and other team members.
- Using all the construction tools and equipment required for the tasks.
- Maintaining the construction equipment and tools.
- Minimum of 1 years industry experience on a construction site.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in bricklaying and the construction of buildings.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.