Book Keeper Job Description
[company name] are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records.
Duties include working closely with our Accounting team to create and analyse financial reports and ensure legal requirements.
- Recording financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Completing tax forms
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Paying regular bills for the company
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments
- Appropriately coding payables to prepare them for the accountant's input later
- Distributing money appropriately to various departments within the company
- Invoicing deliveries and paying vendors for their goods and services
- Maintaining office supplies by keeping an inventory and ordering new supplies as needed
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials
- Handling subsidiary accounts
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash
- Preparing information for auditors
- Keeping an annual company budget
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Bookkeeper?
Bookkeeper jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £27,500 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be a Bookkeeper?
Some of the skills required to be a Bookkeeper include; being detail oriented, excellent organisation skills, being able to work independently as well as part of a team and being able to prioritise workloads.
What other related job descriptions are there to a Bookkeeper?
Other similar job description samples to a Bookkeeper are; Accounts Payable Clerk or an Accounts Receivable Clerk.