Billing Clerk Job Description Template
Our company are looking to hire a Billing Clerk to join our accounting department. As a Billing Clerk, you will be responsible for issuing invoices to our customers and ensuring that all payments are collected.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in billing and collections. You should also be detail-oriented and able to spot errors in invoices.
- Creating and issuing invoices to customers.
- Issue customer account statements.
- Following up on outstanding payments and answering customer queries.
- Monitoring all payments and preparing monthly billing reports.
- Managing account balances and resolving inconsistencies.
- Assisting the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports.
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc.
- Previous experience as billing clerk or similar role.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); Working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Quickbooks) will be appreciated
- Good organizational and Math skills
- Excellent communication skills
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Billing Clerk?
Billing Clerk jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £23,875 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be a Billing Clerk?
Some of the skills required to be a Billing Clerk include; excellent communication skills, proficiency in MS Office, good organizational and Math skills. Additionally, working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Quickbooks)
What other related job descriptions are there to a Billing Clerk?
Other similar job description samples to a Billing Clerk are; Accounts Receivable Clerk and Accounts Payable Clerk