Avionics Technician Job Description
We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced avionics technician to join our team.
The responsibilities of the avionics technician include Installing, inspecting, testing, adjusting, or repairing avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, and missile control systems in aircraft or space vehicles.
Avionics Technician Responsibilities:
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and/or soldering irons.
- Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refuelling systems
- Installing and testing complex avionics equipment and electrical systems on aircraft or spacecraft.
- Interpret flight test data in order to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters.
- Assemble prototypes or models of circuits, instruments, and systems so that they can be used for testing.
- Coordinating all work with of engineers, technicians, and aircraft maintenance staff.
- Keeping detailed records of all repairs and work performed on the aircraft.
Avionics Technician Requirements:
- Certifications in electrical engineering or aviation maintenance.
- Previous work experience with aircraft electrical repair and with specific aircraft maintenance and repair manuals.
- Strong working knowledge of aviation safety practices and technology.
- Excellent analytical, attention-to-detail, troubleshooting, problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills.