Assistant Controller Job Description Template
Our company are looking to hire a responsible and experienced assistant controller to join our accounting team. The assistant controller will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including assisting with the preparation of financial statements, overseeing the accounting team, and supervising the bookkeeping staff. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong accounting background and experience managing a team of accountants.
- Prepares financial statements to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status.
- Produces and manages balance sheets and analyse future earnings and expenses.
- Assist with management of accounting, auditing and budgeting.
- Reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Use accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (master’s preferred)
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of an assistant controller?
Assistant controller jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £30,000 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be an assistant controller?
Some of the skills required to be an assistant controller include; bookkeeping, accounting principles, company compliance and regulations, Excel, and accuracy.
What other related job descriptions are there to an assistant controller?
Other similar job description samples to an assistant controller include; financial officer and finance controller.