Accounts Supervisor Job Description Sample
Our company are looking to hire a detail-orientated experienced Accounts Supervisor to join our team. As Accounts Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations.
To be successful as an Accounts Supervisor, you should be able to maintain accurate records, prepare reports and reconcile accounts. You should also possess excellent mathematical skills and have experience with bookkeeping software.
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting reports.
- Identifying potential cash flow problems and financial irregularities.
- Liaising with department heads to ensure that each department remains within budget.
- Accurately preparing tax returns and ensuring that company taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervising and providing overall guidance to account staff.
- Providing regular updates to management regarding company finances.
- Ensuring that the company maintains compliance with accounting legislation.
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Supervisor
- Experience with accounting software
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting certification
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of an Accounts Supervisor?
Accounts Supervisor jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £30,000 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be an Accounts Supervisor?
Some of the skills required to be an Accounts Supervisor include; excellent report writing skills, strong time management skills, being detail-oriented and analytical, good communication skills and the ability to work accurately and independently.
What other related job descriptions are there to an Accounts Supervisor?
Other similar job description samples to an Accounts Supervisor include; Accounts Receivable Manager and Accounts Payable Manager.