Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description
We are looking for an accounts payable clerk who will be responsible for handling our company's bills and managing our accounts payable ledger.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an efficient and timely manner.
Accounts Payable Clerk Responsibilities:
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions and record accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger
- Verify and investigate discrepancies
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status
Accounts Payable Clerk Requirements:
- Proven working experience as Accounts Payable Clerk
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced abilities with Excel.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks beyond general accounting.
- Able to handle supervisory responsibility if necessary.
- Understanding of payments, accounting, and budgeting.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of an Accounts Payable Clerk?
Accounts Payable Clerk jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £24,000 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be an Accounts Payable Clerk?
Some of the skills required to be an Accounts Payable Clerk include excellent organisation skills, attention to detail, good numerical skills and the ability to work independently.
What other similar job description samples are there to an Accounts Payable Clerk?
Other similar job description samples to an Accounts Payable Clerk include; Accounts Receivable Clerk, Finance Assistant and Payroll Administrator.