Accounts Assistant Job Description Sample
Our company are looking to hire an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our team. As accounts assistant you will be supporting our accounting department with general administration duties. You will be joining a small but busy team and so must be able to work independently and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, detail oriented and have excellent numerical skills.
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Maintaining schedules and calendars.
- Preparing reports, presentations, and financial data.
- Proven experience as an accounts assistant or in another relevant administrative role.
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of an Accounts Assistant?
Accounts Assistant jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary range of £20,000 and £28,000 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be an Accounts Assistant?
Some of the skills required to be an Accounts Assistant include excellent organisation and time management skills, the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
What other similar job description samples are there to an Accounts Assistant?
Other similar job description samples to an Accounts Assistant include; Finance Assistant and Accounts Administrator